We do not collect personal or sensitive information unless it is necessary for the performance of our tasks or functions.
What your personal information is
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It would include the opinions of others about your work performance, (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements.
Personal information includes sensitive information as defined in privacy legislation. It could include, for example, relevant information about your health status or information obtained lawfully via a criminal history check.
Under privacy laws we only collect personal information if it is necessary for the performance of one or more of our tasks or functions and subject to the exceptions set out in privacy law, we would not collect sensitive information without your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by Auxilium Resources for its own use in connection with your work placements.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you should contact during normal office hours
How your information will be collected
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our registration forms or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
• we receive any reference about you;
• we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
• we receive the results of any competency or medical test;
• we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
• we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
• we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
• we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
• you provide us with any additional information about you;
• completing tests, inductions or our or clients screening exercises.
Your information will be used
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
• your actual or possible work placement;
• your performance appraisals (if employed directly by us);
• our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
• any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
• our identification of your training needs;
• any workplace rehabilitation;
• our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
• any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to…
• potential and actual employers and clients of Auxilium Resources;
• our insurers;
• a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
• a Workers Compensation body;
• our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers;
• any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information;
• Associates or Company’s that may assist you or us in finding you a suitable work placement
If you do not give us the information we seek:
• we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
• we may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our privacy
co-ordinator Kieron Ansley whose details are shown above.
You consent to collection use and storage of your personal and sensitive information
I have read and understood each of the statements in this Collection Statement and voluntarily consent to:
• personal and sensitive information about me being collected by you as indicated above;
• personal and sensitive information about me being used as indicated above;
• personal and sensitive information about me being disclosed as indicated above.